Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Lovely Afternoon

Craig was lucky enough to have a day off yesterday, so when Mia got home from school we walked to Coffee Casa and then back around on the sea wall. It was a really lovely afternoon - it's still very warm, but much better yesterday than it has been in quite a while. We brought the glorious new baby (the 70-200) and our glorious 6-year-old baby (pictured below).


Mia on the concrete tetrahedrons, aka "jacks":

I LOVE this picture - it's our desktop right now. The graffiti on the sea wall just looks like dripping multicolor paint, and the whole picture is just interesting to me.

A while ago I was walking and looked up to notice this guy - I thought, "hm, nice pink and turquoise wet suit, dude." Ends up it's a mannequin, and I've been meaning to find a sunny day and bring the zoom lens to capture this. It's just in some random stairway in an apartment building on the 4th floor.

The surf is still pretty choppy after the category 4 typhoon (Krosa) that blew by Taiwan this past weekend. At high tide the splashing waves were really interesting. Coming from southern Cali, the ocean here is usually more like a lake. I wonder what these surfers are thinking - they'd be better off buying a ticket to Hawaii most days.

I think this one's pretty interesting too.


I finally gave in and handed off the camera. I like this one of Mia & me. The rest of the photos can be found here. I think they came out pretty well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice like the pic of you and mia as well. Nice tan as well!! :)