Saturday, June 16, 2007

We're Awake - Like It Or Not

Yeah, jet lag is weird. It's pitch black out at 3:30 and Mia starts singing. (7:30 at night in our heads) And so - we're up.

I remembered I wanted to mention that Rich said that cell phones are prohibitively expensive here, so we probably won't get them. (He may have one provided by work, and maybe I will to if I work at some point - but we won't get them on our own.)

Today we'll need to get some sunblock, and some breakfast food to have (no milk & cereal). Last night I read the local paper (Japan Update) and a cool local magazine - Okinawa Outdoors. Amazing pictures and advertisements. Lots of restaurant ads and even a little Japanese lesson (beer is be-ru in Japanese, valuable to know). Craig tells me that this island isn't even as big as San Diego county, so hopefully it won't take too long to navigate the areas I'll need to get around.

I'll get a registration packet for Mia's kindergarten from Kristina soon too. Her husband worked with Craig back at Miramar and he's deployed right now. Her daughter, Leah, will be in kindergarten in the fall too, and she has kindly offered to have the girls hang out while we do the grown-up type stuff that we need to (like the welcome brief, getting our driver's licenses and shopping for cars/apartments).

Curious to see when we pass out tonight. We'll all try to stay up as late as we can. More later if I think of something, and we'll try to get some pictures up here too.

No comments: