Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Kadena Fire Station

I was one of 8 moms who chaperoned a trip to the Kadena Fire Station yesterday. Mia's class of 24 children walked from Bob Home Primary School to the Kadena Fire Station - I'm not sure how far it was, but it was a decent walk to make with that many kids - with the company of 8 moms, the teacher, and her aide. The kids are so darned cute & talkative, it was such a fun walk. And as you can see, it was "almost" raining all day, so the kids had umbrellas & raincoats with them just in case.


We got there, and the kids got a tour of the whole fire station, including the ambulance and a fire truck. They got to climb through - big fun. Is it my imagination, or does it look like she's giving this "hey there, Mr. Japanese Firefighter dude, you're cute," look to that guy?

Then - my personal favorite part - they got to hold the hose and each kid got a turn to control it and knock over a cone in the parking lot. BIG fun. I wanted to do it too, but I held back and just took pictures.


Finally, the group returned with found goodie bags within the fire station to Sparky.
I'm proud to say I think I can name almost all of these kids after yesterday. Good thing too because I'm taking pictures for their intranet and helping Ms. Robin upload them. Gotta go - more pictures there soon for those who have the user name & pass word.

Quick side note - I'm listening to the Dems debate while on the computer. Lots and lots of Bush bashing - particularly by Hillary - and a general feeling of - Juliani as an opponent? Awesome! Bring it ON!

Just heard the statement "do away with No Child Left Behind" and I could NOT agree more.

Ok - off the political soapbox now. That's not what this blog is for. And heaven forbid, Big Brother or someone might find out that my left-leaning self married a Marine and - well, let's just say there's a good amount of people here whose opinions are different than mine.

No comments: