Friday, September 14, 2007

Here We Go Again

It's unbelievable how this always happens on a weekend, and by the locals' accounts, it's always that way. We're hunkerin' down for Typhoon Nari. Though after Man-Yi, this one's looking rather lame. (that long island to the northwest of the cloud blob would be us) 75mph winds? PSHAW, I say... after enduring 100mph winds, that just doesn't seem eventful.
Of course, it won't hit until about 9 or 10 tonight - it's only 12:30pm now. Craig & Mia are both home. Mia actually went to school on the bus and was brought back at 10:30. I don't know what category this sucker is, but since I didn't even know about it until this morning, I figure it can't be that horrible. I just hope we don't get our power knocked out overnight. It's going to be hard to sleep through the winds anyway.

I'm thinking of my poor neighbors, Anne & Derek - she's due with kid #4, boy #3 in the next 2 weeks and so tired of being pregnant. She hoped for a typhoon because she figured it meant she'd go into labor. Unfortunately, the doctors are making her come in to the hospital to stay there for the night. And Derek (hubby) isn't allowed to sleep there, so if she delivers overnight he won't be with her. THAT sucks. So Anne have that little boy, but just hold him in until we're back to TC-Recovery status, ok?

Movies and pictures of Nari to come...

No comments: