Monday, October 15, 2007

Snorkeling Pictures

Bless those Neathery people. They have an under-water digital camera. Here are a few shots - the first couple are from right here by our very own half a block away sea wall area, snorkeling around on Friday afternoon. Then on Saturday we went to Maeda Flats - huge area up north, but the tide was rather low so the water was shallow. We'll go exploring again very soon - we have to get our time in because the air and the water will get colder soon.

It's so much FUN! It's the closest I'll get to diving with Mia out here, but that's ok, I love doing this with her - she's always so into it she doesn't want to leave.

Here's my kid - assuming a position she's going to be in for the next hour.
Here's me! This is straight out from the sea wall:

Anne swam underneath the kid to get this one
These guys are so bright blue I'm pretty sure they glow in the dark:
Butterfly fish (one of the few names I know, I gotta get me a reference book...)

Cool stripey fish & sea urchins:
This is a great one Anne shot of a stonefish. I think you can figure out why that's what it's called. It does have venomous spikes, you don't want to step on it.
I don't remember what this is, but it's everywhere - really cool colors. I think there's some kind of snake under it. These next few are from Maeda Flats - an area about 25-30 minutes north of us.
These last ones oI shot one of Mia & Anne. That kid won't even take her head out of the water to listen for photographic direction. Sheesh.



Let me also report that the weather has been spectacular this past few days- downright San Diego-esque. 78 and less humid! Perfect for snorkeling and I actually OPENED MY WINDOWS today! I am so happy there's an end to summer... they tell me I'll be "cold" soon. I'll believe it when I see it. More pictures soon - I won't ignore the blog this week.

No comments: