Friday, May 2, 2008

A Different Sort Of Birthday Gift

It happened. Well... it didn't just happen, but I helped it finish happening.
My little baby lost her first tooth! (On what happens to be my twenty-seventeenth birthday.)

She woke up, she said her tooth "hurt", and so I looked. That sucker was BARELY hangin' on by a thread. She was scared. She ate her cereal, and then I washed my hands, grabbed a piece of dental floss to help - and when that didn't work I just took my thumb and index finger (at a moment when her mouth was open and both hands weren't clapped on there tightly) and *snap* it was done!

The look on her face at the moment it happened was priceless. Like "Oh my gosh, WHAT?!?" A bit tearful from the worry about pain, and then just pure excitement, joy, and lots of tongue movement into the lower front quadrant of her mouth.

So it begins. I told her I thought the tooth fairy was Japanese here... there might be yen. She's ok with that.

Off to change my oil. I know, exciting right? More fun things and definitely some treats later.

**updated to add: HI, Heather! Nice to meet you. I think the tooth fairy is paying out about 300¥ per tooth these days. (Craig thought $5 per tooth and I almost fainted! DANG, that girl is gonna make $100 on her teeth?! That should go to the orthodontics fund.)**

3 comments:

Heather Hansen said...

Yea! What's the going rate for the tooth fairy these days?

.E. said...

Happy Birthday hope you are having a great day.

erniesbudolab said...

Check your email. I sent you a "gift."